At Twoostly, we require each user to register their own application with Twitter. You only need to do this once and you can link as many of your Twitter accounts to this application. The setup process is incredibly straightforward and will only take a matter of minutes.
1. Important: First of all, you need to ensure you have confirmed your email address on Twitter and that you have added a verified mobile phone number to your Twitter account. These are requirements by Twitter for setting up your own application.
3. Next, fill in the four fields. The first three fields can be anything you want but we’d recommend putting Twoostly and your Twitter handle in the name and description fields. In the website field, you can enter anything. Finally, in the Callback URL field, ensure you enter https://app.twoostly.com. You can see this below:
4. Click “Create your Twitter Application” and you’ve setup your application.
5. On the next page, press the “Permission” tab and then select “Read, Write and Access Direct Messages”. Don’t worry, we will not send any messages on your behalf but this permission tier gives us the required access to your Twitter feed.
6. Finally, click the “Key and Access Tokens” tab then copy and paste the “Consumer Key” and the “Consumer Secret” over to your Twoostly settings. It’s as simple as that.